Syncing Fix for Obsidian Qt Wallet Windows10
Solution 2 -Thanks to @TheVoice
This is based upon Pixxl’s guide – these are the Github notes
Solution 2 – Your wallet started syncing but is stuck at a block/percentage and does not download more blocks after you tried Solution 1
The reason could be you are synced with an old, abandoned chain. To resolve this, you must delete the old chain and start over.
- Be really sure now you create a new backup of your wallet.dat file!!!
- Find your wallet data folder:
For Windows: locate %APPDATA%\Roaming\ObsidianQt in the Explorer.
For macOS: navigate to “/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/ObsidianQt”, e.g. using Finder (Go menu -> Go to Folder).
For Linux: navigate to the hidden .obsidian directory in your home directory and be sure to use the right user, e.g. yourname, root.
- Delete the contents of the ObsidianQt folder
- Copy your wallet.dat from your backup back into the ObsidianQt folder.
- Start the wallet application again.
- If it does not sync after 5 minutes, try Solution 1